Monday, September 27, 2004

The Chase

Yesterday, I was playing with my god-daughter and something strike me.
She was playing with her little new toy - the red light bulb lantern.

She was holding it and playing with it until..
the light start shining on the floor and all around as we start turning the lantern.
She chase after the light on the floor,
she tried very hard to catch it and hold it on her hand..
she put down the lantern and she can't find the light at all.

When I saw this, I laughed and said,"why did u chase after the false thing instead of holding the lantern?"
I guess at that point, this scene strike me..
cos' it seems like I became her ...

I hold on to some things and cherished them like something very close to my heart..
and somehow it is just some "light" shone from the real thing..
I am only chasing hard and trying to hold it with my hands..
I put down things to get it.. yet I can't have it or find it at all..

I guess I should laugh at myself and said,"why did I chase after the false thing instead of holding on to the real ones?"

how clear the picture is!!
would I lose this picture again?..
I do not know but surely it came into my mind now
and I shall hold on to it till I can't remember it anymore..

-jerl

No comments: